Monday, April 9, 2012

The Megas






Ah, the Megas, I been holding off talking about these guys for a while, but only to avoid blowing my load on all the good bands right off the bat.

The Megas have been around since 2004 and released their awesome debut album, Get Equipped, in 2008. The group is composed of four lads (Mike, Eric, Greg and Josh) whose great purpose in life is to spread the story of Megaman and Dr. Light.

The Megas cover the original Mega Man 2 chip tunes, but seamlessly blend their own compositions into the mix as well as overlaying everything with lyrics.

I have been into game music since dawn of music sharing, but it was mostly chip tunes and rock/metal covers of well known game tunes. There was a full blown soundtrack here and there (looking at you Quake Soundtrack) but when I heard The Annihilation of Monsteropolis I was blown away.

This was not what the Neskimos and the Minibosses gave, (Neither of those on Spotify btw, a shame) no this told a story, and I had never thought about Megaman like that. I started to think of video game music in a different way, and found stuff like The OneUps, Armcannon the and later The Protomen.

I might have fallen into these bands at a later stage, but I could not have asked for a better start on my journey into the Video Game Music Scene.

You can find The Megas website here if you want to learn more about them.



The Megas – Get Equipped (remastered)
(or if you want The Megas – Get Equipped)



The Megas – Get Acoustic


The Megas have also had a collaboration with Entertainment System to make a rather awesome 4 song album.


Entertainment System & The Megas – Megatainment

No comments:

Post a Comment