Friday, January 25, 2013

Daniel Tidwell



I been talking around this guy for quite a while, he has come up a lot when I talked about cover bands, and I have always put him as the sort of gold standard for pure covers.

Sure, brentalfloss sings and his covers are great, Year 200X do metal covers as well, but with a somewhat dirtier sound, Entertainment System are much like Year 200X in that regards, TheOneUps, much more Jazzy  Funky, Daniel Tidewell has a very clean and very skillful cover of the songs he does.

He also does my gold standards for covers: The Moon (Ducktales) and Bubbleman (Mega Man 2), and I want to throw in my new bonus song there, Bloody Tears (Castlevania II).
(Again, where is my Bionic Commando Cover?)

Daniel has actually done a lot of non-game related stuff as well, but we don't care about that stuff on this blog, so we have 2 albums, 1 EP and 2 Single to share.

Bonus links: (Official page, Facebook, Youtube)





Versus Video Games


Versus Video Games 2


The Mystic Quest for Metal (A Tribute to the Music of Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest)




Daniel Tidwell – Runescape Main Theme - Single


Daniel Tidwell – Knee-Deep in the Dead (At Doom's Gate)

No comments:

Post a Comment